top of page

How Photo-Enforcement Makes Money

Updated: 19 hours ago

Photo-enforcement exists because governments make errors in engineering and make omissions with their legal definitions. Without government errors entrapping innocent people, there is not enough revenue left to keep a photo-enforcement program running. (It's for this reason why Raleigh just terminated its red-light camera program.)



Red-Light Cameras



This form of photo-enforcement exploits the math and physics errors of how traffic engineers calculate the duration of the yellow light. Over 90% of red-light runners and ensuing crashes are the result of these errors. Most of the remaining 10% result from engineering mistakes other than that of the yellow light. These math and physics errors are engineering malpractice.

Speed Cameras



Speed cameras exploit the difference between the speed limit put in place by city ordinances and the speed limit determined by engineers. Engineers are tasked with providing the safest speeds, speeds which accommodate human behavior. Because engineered speed limits actually change during the day and from location to location on the highway, engineers never intended for speed limits to be enforced with computer precision. An engineer assumed a policeman with common sense would be enforcing the law. To make matters worse, city ordinances reduce the engineered speeds down to 5, 15, 25, 35, 45 mph--making it unnatural, hence less safe, for drivers to obey. Imagine a posted limit of 45 mph on the Interstate, or even a posted limit of 25 mph on a city street where 42 mph is natural.

Bus Stop-Arm Cameras



Bus stop-arm cameras exploit the errors of bus operators. According to NHTSA, bus operators are the primary party responsible for child injuries. NHTSA reports that bus operators are responsible for 71% of child fatalities. Stop-arm camera companies lie about the frequency of injuries, putting their patron in a state of fear, scaring them into buying their product. NHTSA reports that 1 child fatality occurs once every 20 years per State. These errors of bus operators are so prevalent and obvious that the camera company makes the school district sign a contract which forbids bus operators from seeing the photos, lest the bus operator sees his errors, corrects his errors, and the camera company gets no more money.

Stop Sign Cameras



Stop sign cameras violate the legal precept of right reason. Instead of exploiting the pseudo-science of traffic engineers or the mistakes of school bus operators to make money, stop sign cameras rely solely on drivers impinging on miniscule legal technicalities. First of all, you must go back to the first principles of law to understand the problem. The purpose of the traffic laws are to keep people safe. Safety is the purpose. If there is no right reason for the law, there is no law. -- Cicero, Founder of Western Law Is the law made for man, or is man made for the law? -- Jesus Illustration of Right Reason: You are driving during the middle of the night. No one is on the road. You see a stop sign ahead. You see no one near the intersection. Are you going to come to full stop before the stop sign? Are you going to come to full stop if you were taking your wife to the hospital? You will not come to a full stop. Why?Because you know that you will be safe. Safety is the purpose of the law. Because you are safe, there is no right reason to stop. Without a right reason, there is no law; therefore, you have not violated the law. --------------------- Jesus would have called automated law enforcement "pharisitical law enforcement". Pharisees where the name for policemen in Jesus's day. The pharisees demanded that people obey their tedious laws to the letter even when people were starving or dying on account of obeying the law. A pharisee would even fine a person for illegally rolling a piece of mudd the size of a dung beetle ball on the Sabbath. Jesus rebuked the pharisees, "I allow my disciples to pick the wheat from the fields on the Sabbath because they are hungry. Even Solomon entered the Temple to eat the holy bread to prevent his soldiers from starving. " Just like today's governments photo-enforcement programs, the pharisees did not care about people's welfare or fairness. The pharisees wanted money and power. So the governments fine Jesus and his disciples $50 each + admin fees for crossing a stop bar by 1 inch on red. "Is the Sabbath made for man or man for the Sabbath?" Are the cameras made for man or man for the cameras?




15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments

Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page